House Projects that Get You the Best Return on Investment
We surveyed appraisers in various markets and discovered that the top home upgrades that deliver the largest increase in your home’s value for each dollar you spend. Ordered from highest typical expense to lowest:
The heart of the home and the first thing buyers look at.
- New counter tops, upgraded flooring, and new/energy efficient appliances top the list of best kitchen upgrades.
Make an impact by creating a clean and relaxing space.
- Use modern and low-flow fixtures.
Energy efficiency upgrades.
Buyers appreciate eco-friendly updates and reduced bills.
- Low-cost upgrades: LED lighting, proper filters, weather stripping.
- mid-cost upgrades: SEER Rated HVAC systems, blown-in insulation.
Try one of these low cost, high impact opportunities to improve curb appeal.
- Xeriscaping. Natural and low-water plantings that are beautiful and budget friendly.
- Clear debris from yard, gutters, and underneath structures to provide a clean slate for the new owner.