How to Pick the Perfect Lending Partner
A realtor’s job involves much more than just finding the perfect home for clients. You also must ensure that they are working with a knowledgeable and trusted lender—often well before the house hunt even begins.
Nothing is worse than seeing your client lose their dream home or be forced to back out of a real estate contract due to a poorly constructed mortgage. But how do you find a lending partner you—and your clients—can rely on?
Realtors should look for a lender who:
- Puts the clients’ needs first. Every loan agreement should be customized with the home buyer’s unique situation in mind. This ensures your clients won’t get stuck with a plan that doesn’t fit their financial picture.
- Can assess and amend. When it comes to getting approved for a mortgage, you want to work with experienced loan officers who know how to spot potential lending hurdles and work around them.
- Educates. Buying a home is a complex process, involving a lot of paperwork and many financial terms clients won’t necessarily understand. Working with a patient lender who explains each step of the process can help ease your clients’ fears and ensure they’re better educated about the financial side of home ownership.
- Expedites. Home buyers and sellers often prefer to move quickly, and no one wants to be held up by the lending process. Make sure you’re working with a lending partner who knows how to close the sale efficiently, keeping your clients happy.
- Has a track record of success. Good lenders aren’t the fly-by-night type. Look for a lender who has a proven history of serving clients well as well as the experience necessary to handle any mortgage situation.
With interest rates low, it’s an excellent time for many consumers to buy. Yet, in many areas, there are more buyers looking for homes than there are properties available. Realtors can give their clients an advantage in this competitive market by teaming up with a trusted lending partner who offers pre-qualifications and works to close the sale efficiently.
Cherry Creek Mortgage has been a trusted partner for many realtors over the last three decades. Our team of experienced lenders is knowledgeable and thorough, and we work to get clients not just any loan, but the right loan. For more on the importance of a good lending partner, download our Home Buyers Guide or Home Sellers Guide.