New or Experienced Loan Originator - Two Positions Open
Cherry Creek Mortgage's Lone Tree, Colorado, branch is looking to fill two positions with Loan Originators. Experienced loan officers are welcome to apply as well as originators that are new to the business. Cherry Creek offers training for Loan Officers through our Xinnix program for the appropriate applicants.
This position will be located at 8310 South Valley Highway #300 Englewood, CO. Remote work is an option for experience originators.
The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for meeting with individuals who desire to borrow money secured by residential real estate. The Loan Originator is responsible for providing quality relations with borrowers through completing the origination process of loan application, loan disclosures, reviewing files for compatibility with underwriting standards, and submitting a complete loan package to processing. The Loan Originator will contact borrowers to collect all necessary supporting documentation and to act as a liaison between borrowers, processing, and underwriting.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Profile, target, contact, and create relationships with potential loan referral partners.
- Seek to understand the needs of prospective borrowers and provide the appropriate solutions necessary to fulfill those needs.
- At initial contact with borrower provide needs list and complete application.
- Obtain executed disclosures within regulatory time frame.
- Analyze credit report and financial scenario, determining appropriate loan product(s).
- Submit a complete loan package to processing.
- Review CD to ensure fees and cash at closing are consistent with commitment to Borrower.
- Coordinate, create, track and distribute marketing materials.
- Manage borrower and referral partner databases, maintain a borrower database.
- Answer borrower inquiries involving rates, products and loan application status to ensure quality customer service.
- Perform any other reasonable duties required by Cherry Creek Mortgage Company.
- Facilitate the loan application and oversee the processing of loans for borrowers. Maintain a customer database.
- Create an annual business plan.
- Engage in periodic Partnership Planning Sessions with referral sources and support team.
Education and Skills
- Individuals must have a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Mortgage sales experience along with a good understanding of the mortgage lending process and agency guidelines is preferred.
- Individuals should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least two years of mortgage lending experience or related field is preferred.
- Active NMLS License.
- Proficiency with data entry, PDF software programs, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Product Knowledge – Conventional, VA, FHA, USDA, Reverse Mortgages.